Skip to content ↓

Support and Advice for Parents/Carers

There is a range of external support available for parents and carers during the admissions process, including:


The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Services (SENDIASS) offers information, advice and support for parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.

There is a SENDIASS for each local authority. Contact your local SENDIASS or Information Advice Support (IAS) Service for more information.


SOS!SEN is a national charity aiming to empower parents and carers of children with special educational needs to tackle the difficulties they face when battling for their children’s rights.

Council for Disabled Children

The Council for Disabled Children is the umbrella body for the disabled children's sector, bringing together professionals, practitioners and policy-makers.

Other useful websites