Employability and Transition
This course prepares and support students in their final year as they transition out of Aurora Foxes and is delivered both in the classroom and the local community using real-life environments such as the Job Centre, work experience placements and estate agents.
Typical routes young people follow are:
- Further education or training
- Supported Living
Students achieve an accredited qualification. This is devised using a bespoke set of units chosen by each student to support their aspirations.
The Transition Team work closely with the National Careers Service to ensure young people are making informed choices about what they would like to do once they graduate from Foxes.
The course covers the following modules:
- Planning for progression
- Preparing to apply for a job – looking for a job, preparing an application/CV
- Career planning and making applications
- Working as part of a team
- Environmental awareness
- Introduction to ICT
- Understanding and getting involved in a charity event (Community)
- Personal skills
- Rights and responsibilities in the workplace
- My home – what kind of home I would like and managing money and bills
- Health, safety and wellbeing
Accredited by City and Guilds